Community Supported Agriculture consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm operation so that the farmland becomes the community’s farm, with the growers and consumers providing mutual support and sharing the risks and benefits of food production. CSA aims to close the gap between the farmer and consumer, as consumers purchase locally grown food directly from the farmer. During the process, consumers get to know the farmer, learn how the vegetables are grown and develop the peace of mind that they are financially supporting the local economy while providing their families with fresh, healthy food.
- Community Supported Agriculture contributes to a healthy local economy.
- CSA farms connect farms with the urban and suburban communities.
- They provide local families with a feeling of control over products their family members eat.
- CSA farms provide families with fresh, healthy food.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Consumers become members by purchasing a seasonal plan in advance, and in turn receive fresh, healthy produce every week. Because of the nature of the business, members of a CSA farm can only get produce the farmer can successfully grow.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE IN MY BOX/SHARE? You will receive farm fresh seasonal vegetables in your box/share. CLICK HERE to see examples of what have been in our past CSA boxes.
QUESTIONS?? WE HAVE MADE AN INFO SHEET TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. Please CLICK HERE to see details about our CSA program. In this document you will find information on the costs of our boxes, delivery or pick up options, cheese and egg shares and much more info.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER? Our 2017 CSA program is now OPEN for registration. To sign up for Foster Family Farm’s 2017 CSA season please CLICK HERE. For more information regarding our 2017 CSA program, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY CSA ACCOUNT? If you are a Foster Family Farm customer and would like to access your account to make changes or update your information please CLICK HERE. When you access your account you will be able to see the following items.
- Overview of your account. You can review your account balance, the date you purchase your share, share summary, etc.
- Contact Information. You are able to review and update your contact information from this tab.
- You can review your pick up location and time.
CSA PARTNERS! Foster Family Farm has some great partners that supply the highest quality farm products! Thanks to our friends at:
Beking’s Poultry Farm